Capuchins’ Monastery and Church of St. Maria delle Grazie

The Capuchins’ Monastery is of a simple style and it is situated in the so called “Piana”. The church with the title of S. Maria La Nuova was assigned in 1534 to the monks, who built the convent during the seventeenth century and it was completed in its four-sided structure. Belonging to the church are the altar and two side dedicated to “St.Felice da Cantalice” and S. Paschal Baylon made up of walnut and a ciborium with ivory and mother of pearl inlays, made in 1720 by Fra 'Ludovico da Pernocari, currently located in other churches of Gerace waiting to be reassembled at its original site.